Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist with expertise in Protein Sciences to join Nurix’s Protein Sciences group. Nurix is devoted to unlocking the therapeutic potential of the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS) in the areas of oncology and immuno-oncology, by utilizing the mechanistic and structural insights to guide drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate will provide hands-on experience in Nurix’s protein production efforts to support biochemical, biophysical and structural efforts. This individual will work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary scientists and have regular opportunities to present findings to the project team and senior management. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability to incorporate new methodologies into their work. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, organized, focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment driven to deliver quality proteins to enable existing drug discovery platforms.
- Undergraduate degree in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology or related field.
- Hands-on expertise on purification of proteins from bacterial, mammalian or insect expression systems for structural and functional applications,
- Knowledge in the operation of purification instrumentation (e.g. AKTA, ultracentrifugation) and purification techniques including but not limited to affinity chromatography, SEC, Ion-Exchange chromatography,
- The candidate should be enthusiastic, driven, have the ability to work independently in a team environment and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment,
- The successful candidate will be aligned to Nurix’s culture and values; he/she will be team oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach
- Recent graduates (0-2 years) with prior research experience in protein purification and with a strong desire to learn are especially encouraged to apply.
- Prior research experience with the purification of proteins in an industry setting,
- General knowledge of immuno-oncology, structural biology, and drug discovery,
- General knowledge of protein ubiquitylation biochemistry and pathways,
- Experience with production of membrane associated proteins requiring the use of surfactants for purification,
- Hands-on knowledge of protein purification automation (e.g. AKTA programming for multi-step purifications),
- Have a record of published work and of presentation at conferences.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to: https://www.nurixtx.com/culture-careers/job-openings/