Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
About the Position
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist to join our Library Discovery team and help us augment our DNA encoded library collection. DEL synthesis requires a hybrid of techniques that are borrowed from chemistry environments: chemical reaction setup, LCMS analysis, SAR evaluation, split and pool library synthesis workflows, parallel reaction development, as well as from biology laboratories: aqueous buffer preparation, centrifuge use, ethanol precipitation of DNA, A260 DNA quantification, gel electrophoresis, bioanalyzer analysis, enzymatic DNA ligation. An exposure to some of these techniques is helpful in training into a DNA encoded scientist. As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, this person will collaborate with a broad group of scientists within Nurix as well as with external collaborators.
- B.S. or M.S. in life sciences (ex. chemistry, biochemistry, biology) with 0-5 years industrial chemistry experience (years of relevant experience will impact level of hire).
- Training in synthetic organic chemistry methods and analytical tools, in particular LCMS
- Interest in optimizing chemical reactions for use in DNA encoded library synthesis.
- High level of creativity and productivity with strong problem-solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and able to present the rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments of the chemistry efforts to other members of the department.
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strongly team-oriented; highly collaborative
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view