We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated cell biologist/immunologist to support Nurix’s mission of targeting E3 ubiquitin ligases in the areas of oncology and immunology. The Principal Scientist is an experienced immunologist that will perform and oversee lead optimization of novel compounds and the characterization of their MOA on immune cells. The candidate must be self-driven, organized, able to manage junior scientists, and able to thrive in an exciting environment in a rapidly-growing company.
- Ph.D. in immunology or cancer biology with 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Research experience in the field of immunology with a focus on either inflammation and autoimmunity, or immunoncology.
- Strong background in small molecule drug discovery and lead optimization of molecules; experience with bi-functional degrader compounds is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in leading small team of scientists.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Hands on experience in development, optimization and execution of high-dimensional flow cytometry to phenotypically characterize immune cells, ELISA, Western and multiplexing technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across cross-functional teams
- Background in ubiquitin biology with past experience is a plus
- Ideal candidate can develop novel ideas/technologies and is eager to learn, innovate
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative; solutions and results-oriented focus
- Strong scientific curiosity and initiative; hands-on and resourceful
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Please apply by sending your CV to https://www.nurixtx.com/culture-careers/job-openings.