This is a newly created position to oversee both payroll and stock administration primarily. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and transactions as well as month-end accounting close and reconciliations in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The individual will work closely with various parties including employees, HR, legal, broker, transfer agent, outsourced stock admin firm and financial auditors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in Payroll Administration
- Manage semi-monthly payroll for both exempt and non-exempt employees in a multi-state environment with accuracy
- Prepare payroll and tax reports for Federal, states, and local agencies when required
- Ensure compliance with policy and procedure as well as federal, state and local payroll tax regulations
- Coordinate with HR to assure seamless and timely integration of information for payroll processing and reporting
- Perform FSA and ESPP reconciliations and resolve discrepancies
- Prepare journal entries and monthly payroll reconciliations
- Address employee inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist with year-end audits, workers compensation audits, 401(k) audits, and regulatory filings
- Maintain good recordkeeping of all payroll files and sound internal controls
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in Stock Administration
- Prepare and process new equity awards, exercises, cancellations and releases promptly.
- Manage open enrollment process and purchases for ESPP.
- Administer the stock option awards and ESPP plans, including ensuring appropriate payroll tax withholdings, timely estimated tax deposits and monitoring ESPP limits
- Track and report W-2 income from stock exercises and dispositions
- Execute trading blackout periods and enforcement of insider trading policy restrictions
- Interact with transfer agent and stock investment broker to ensure that trades are settled timely
- Maintain and update stock databases, prepare reports and perform analysis and reconciliations, assist with quarterly and year-end audits
- Engage in process improvements opportunities to support business growth while maintaining sound internal controls and be in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Assist in month end close and other ad hoc tasks or projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of relevant experience in payroll processing, stock administration and related accounting analysis and month-end reconciliations
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member in a time sensitive environment
- Unquestionable ethics and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive data
- Strong Excel skills
- Exceptional ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to multi-task, and detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as effective listening and interpersonal skills
- Experience with NetSuite, Paylocity and ShareWorks is a plus
- CPP or CEP designations a plus
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.