We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated in vivo pharmacologist to lead efforts in oncology, inflammation, and immuno-oncology. The ideal candidate will have expertise in small molecule PK/PD studies, xenograft and syngeneic tumor models, inflammatory disease models, and immune cell profiling by flow cytometry. This role will support novel drug development projects from early lead optimization through clinical candidate selection. Duties include planning, execution and analysis of in vivo experiments, PK/PD profiling of novel compounds, and management of projects at CROs. This individual will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines and present findings to project teams. The candidate must be self-driven, highly organized, and enjoy working in a creative and dynamic team environment.
If you are intrigued by the opportunity to work with a passionate team of scientists focused on improving patient’s lives with first-in-class therapies, please consider applying.
- Senior RA levels requires B.S. in biology, immunology or related field with 8+ years of industry experience. Scientist level requires Ph.D. in pharmacology, immunology, cancer biology or a related field; Scientist II levels requires 3+ years of industry experience. Scientist levels may include management of direct reports.
- Expertise in oncology, immuno-oncology, inflammation and in vivo models of disease
- Expertise with flow cytometer-based profiling of immune cells required
- Excellent hands-on in vivo skills: IV, PO dosing, tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.
- Skilled at PD biomarker assessment by multiple techniques (especially Western and flow)
- Experience with xenograft or syngeneic tumor models
- Writing preclinical reports or sections of IND a plus
- Requires excellent communication and presentation skills
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation, highly collaborative and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment