We are looking for a highly motivated Corporate Counsel capable of assuming primary responsibility for certain corporate legal matters. You will work closely with the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, outside corporate counsel, the finance team, the executive committee and the board of directors.
- Assisting with establishing and monitoring corporate compliance and governance practices.
- Providing legal counsel in connection with and managing SEC reporting and disclosures including reviewing and advising on 10-Ks and 10-Qs, drafting 8-Ks, drafting proxy statements, and overseeing Section 16 reporting.
- Establishing and running stockholder meeting processes.
- Preparing legal materials for Board and Board committee meetings and drafting minutes of Board and Board committee meetings.
- Assisting with financing transactions.
- Assisting with other legal matters of the company as required.
- J.D. and excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate and securities law
- At least 5 years of experience, including at least 3 years at a law firm in a corporate and securities practice.
- Strong SEC disclosure drafting skills/
- Excellent ability to issue spot and integrate business goals with legal advice
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate concisely.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Solutions and results-oriented focus.
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view.
- Previous in-house experience in a biotechnology/life sciences company.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements such as master service agreements, clinical trial agreements and manufacturing agreements