We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated immunologist to support Nurix’s mission of targeting E3 ubiquitin ligases in the areas of oncology and immunology. This individual will work closely with our drug discovery project scientists on lead optimization of novel compounds to evaluate the impact on immune cells and characterize their MOA. The candidate must be self-driven, organized, able to work well with other scientists, and able to thrive in an exciting environment in a rapidly-growing company.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cancer biology or related field with 0-2+ years of industry experience for Scientist I level position
- Research experience in the field of immunology with a focus on T cell biology
- Expertise in functional assays measuring cellular activation, cytokine release, proliferation, and killing
- Experience in high-dimensional flow cytometry to phenotypically characterize immune cells including both surface and intracellular staining.
- Experience with in vivo tumor mouse models is desired but not required
- Develop novel ideas/technologies, eager to learn, innovate.
- Propose and implement resolutions to technical problems/issues.
- Work with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative; solutions and results-oriented focus
- Strong scientific curiosity and initiative; hands-on and resourceful
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Nurix, Inc. is a science-minded, goal-oriented organization that is focused on bringing novel, first-in-class therapies to patients. Nurix is a leader in discovering a new class of drugs that work by modulating the protein degradation machinery of the cell. The Nurix scientific team has established an innovative drug discovery platform based on recent advances in understanding of the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS). The UPS is a regulatory network that controls protein stabilization and degradation, a function vital to the healthy life of a cell, uncovering therapeutic opportunities in multiple disease areas. Nurix’s Protein Regulation Platform enables the discovery of selective inhibitors or activators of the UPS, enabling the discovery of new class of drugs that can restore normal cellular homeostasis. Nurix entered into an exclusive collaboration with Sanofi and Gilead for the discovery and development of next-generation therapies targeting protein homeostasis in oncology, immunology and inflammation, including the rapidly evolving field of immuno-oncology. Nurix was founded by internationally recognized experts in the ubiquitin proteasome field and is funded by leading life science investors, Third Rock Ventures and The Column Group. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California