Our new Paralegal/Senior Paralegal will become the fourth member of our Legal Department and function as a key member of the team. The Paralegal/Senior Paralegal will support our contracting process, corporate governance and corporate filings.
- Assist with the contracts process including maintaining the contracts system;
- Prepare and review confidentiality agreements with attorney supervision;
- Assist and maintain all corporate records;
- Assist in the development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and in their trainings and compliance thereof;
- Assist attorneys with transaction closings and maintenance of corporate records;
- Provide administrative support for attorneys; and,
- Successfully complete special projects and other assignments as requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, contracts, and other related matters;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment; and,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Qualified candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a contracts and/or corporate paralegal, with a focus on pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology products preferred;
- Bachelor's Degree required. Paralegal Certification preferred; and,
- Other competencies sought:
- Experience preparing confidentiality, consulting, master services agreements and the like;
- Familiarity with records retention policies and document management systems;
- Understanding of corporate formalities and related state-level reporting;
- Some exposure to compliance programs in a pharmaceutical or biotech organization; and,
- Ability to successfully balance the need to complete assigned tasks while limiting risk to the Company with the goal of supporting the creativity, enthusiasm and pace of internal business units at this growing pharmaceutical company.
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation, highly collaborative and results-oriented focus;
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and,
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Nurix was founded by internationally recognized experts in the ubiquitin-proteasome (UPS) field and received its initial funding from leading life science investors Third Rock Ventures and The Column Group. Nurix recently entered into a multi-year collaboration with Gilead and Sanofi focused on developing bi-functional molecules to degrade protein targets as novel therapeutics. Additionally, Nurix has a strong internal drug discovery pipeline focused on oncology, immunology and inflammation. Nurix plans to advance two molecules into clinical trials in early 2021.