We seek a Senior Research Associate or Scientist with experience in cell therapy and/or process development to join Nurix’s NxACT Protocol Development Group in Pittsburgh. This position offers the candidate an opportunity to be part of a small but growing technical team in a highly motivating startup environment, instrumental in setting up the NxACT protocol development laboratory at the Pittsburgh location. Nurix is devoted to unlocking the therapeutic potential of the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS) in oncology, immuno-oncology and other therapeutic areas. NxACT is promoting the next developments in drug-enhanced ACT.
This individual will work directly with the principal scientist at the NxACT Protocol Development Group in Pittsburgh and will have regular opportunities to present findings and opinions to project teams and senior management. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, very organized and focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment. Career advancement will arise from the opportunity to grow the Protocol Development Group to a productive and necessary bridge to innovative clinical protocols in patients with cancer.
- Responsible for day to day laboratory operations including stocking and maintaining inventory for consumables, and equipment maintenance and oversee service contracts
- Assist with process development improvements of the proprietary Nurix T cell platform
- Execute sophisticated analytical assays to characterize T cell function and phenotype including repertoire analysis and flow/imaging cytometry
- Contribute to the protocol development team by executing studies required to establish efficient and effective manufacturing processes of drug product including scale up.
- Analyze results, solve problems and troubleshoot assays.
- Author protocols and SOPs, maintain laboratory notebook records in adherence with documentation standards
- B.S. with 4-5 years/M.S. with 1-2 years/Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, cell biology, immunology or related discipline.
- Relevant work experience, preferably in a cell therapy biotech or pharmaceutical setting would be considered a plus.
- Experience in analytical assay execution and development, particularly flow cytometry, ELISA, and cytotoxicity assays.
- Excellent communication, technical writing and presentation skills and the flexibility to work on multiple projects as needed with documented ability to assess complex data sets
- Experience working in cell culture operations including hands on experience with bioreactors (GREX, Prodigy, Wave) is a plus
- The successful candidate will be strongly aligned with Nurix’s culture and values; he/she will be team-oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach
- The candidate should be enthusiastic, driven, and have the ability to work independently and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view