We are seeking a cell biologist with an extensive experience to join our Nurix drug discovery team. Nurix is devoted to unlocking the therapeutic potential of the ubiquitin system to explore the possibility of modulating targets previously believed to be “undruggable”. Ubiquitin ligases play numerous roles in immune cell function, autoimmunity, inflammation and anti-tumor immunity. The successful candidate will support early drug discovery efforts in oncology, immuno-oncology (IO) and inflammation. Responsibilities will include execution and analysis of in vitro cellular assays to support small molecule discovery efforts as well as new target identification and understanding of mechanisms of action. This individual will work closely with scientists within the group and present their findings to the department and project teams. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, eager to learn new techniques, highly organized and enjoys working in a creative and dynamic team environment.
- Ph.D. in cell biology, immunology or related field (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with industry experience); Scientist II level requires similar background with additional relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience in development, optimization and execution of cellular assays applying multiple techniques including primary cell isolation, tissue culture, ELISA, flow cytometry, Western and multiplexing technologies (e.g. Luminex, MesoScale)
- Demonstrated track record in functional assay development in oncology and/or immunology
- Familiarity with primary cell tissue culture, molecular biology techniques, CRISPR engineering of cells and the use of siRNA/shRNA knockdown techniques to support mechanism of action studies for drug candidates and target identification
- Ability to conceive, design and execute hypothesis-testing experiments that directly contribute to project success is essential
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Background in cancer cell biology required with previous experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome (UPS) system a plus
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation, highly collaborative and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Nurix was founded by internationally recognized experts in the ubiquitin-proteasome (UPS) field and received its initial funding from leading life science investors Third Rock Ventures and The Column Group. Nurix recently entered into a multi-year collaboration with Gilead and Sanofi focused on developing bi-functional molecules to degrade protein targets as novel therapeutics. Additionally, Nurix has a strong internal drug discovery pipeline focused on oncology, immunology and inflammation. Nurix plans to advance two molecules into clinical trials in early 2021.