We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist with expertise in Biophysics to join Nurix’s Discovery team.
You will provide scientific leadership in Nurix’s biophysics efforts to help support our hit identification, hit-to-lead and structural biology efforts. You will play a key role in collecting and interpreting biophysical assay data for ongoing discovery programs, but also will be responsible for implementing novel biophysical assays and techniques to expand our capabilities. You will work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary scientists and have regular opportunities to present findings to the project team and senior management.
You should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and incorporate new methodologies into your work. You must be self-driven, resourceful, organized and focused, and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics or a related field, or an M.S. with at least three years of relevant work experience, or a B.S. with five years of relevant work experience
- Experience using biophysical techniques to analyze protein-protein interactions as well as protein-small molecule interactions
- Hands on experience with Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) or Grating-Coupled Interferometry (GCI)
- Expertise with the kinetic and thermodynamic characterization of ligand binding as well as quantitative data management and analysis
- Practical experience with biophysical techniques such as Microscale Thermophoresis (MST), Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC), Differential Scanning Fluorimetry (DSF), and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments to other members of the scientific team
- Good fit with Nurix culture and values of highly collaborative, team-oriented research
Please include a two-page research summary that highlights the above qualifications along with your resume when submitting your application.