We are seeking an experienced scientific leader to grow the world class Analytical Group within Nurix. The successful candidate will support our entire research portfolio including small molecule, heterobifunctional protein-degradation, DNA encoded library, and DMPK teams. We are seeking an exceptional person with extensive analytical and in vitro ADME experience to lead our Analytical Group. Current capabilities in our Analytical Department include structure elucidation by NMR, extensive purification capabilities including SFC, physicochemical profiling, and automated synthesis. We are expecting the successful candidate to provide leadership and a keen interest to add additional capacity and capability to the existing platform.
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, and mentorship to the Analytical Chemistry Group
- Supervise our high-throughput purification and SFC groups as well as automated synthesis teams.
- Support project teams and individuals with structure confirmation experiments.
- Develop a suite of medicinal chemistry-enabling in vitro ADME assays such as hepatocyte and microsomal clearance, plasma stability, kinetic/thermodynamic solubility, protein binding, and metabolite ID.
- Provide initial assessments for analytical development such as forced degradation and in process impurities.
- Monitor analytical and analytical development activities for our IND-enabling programs carried out in-house or at our CROs.
- Troubleshoot and maintain instrumentation, manage instrument service agreements, and develop best practices for their use.
- Be an active member of our project teams by attending project and department meetings and summarizing data.
- Participate in experimental design and data analysis.
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or related field with 5+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech industrial experience or MS with 10+ years of industrial experience.
- Proven track record of leadership and scientific accomplishments.
- Extensive experience with in vitro ADME assays and LC-MSMS in vitro and in vivo metabolite identification is required.
- Experience with solubility and chemical stability assessments is essential.
- Experience with automation and liquid handling systems is preferred.
- Solid background in developing analytical methods characterization, and testing of small molecules utilizing prep HPLC, NMR, and UPLC-MS is desirable.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HPLC, UPLC-MS and NMR instrumentation is essential.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), documentation (record keeping, lab notebook, reports), organization, and interpersonal skills is essential.
- Qualities of servant leadership and self-awareness required.