The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of biomarker assays to support Nurix’s clinical development programs targeting protein fate for cancer targeted therapy and immunotherapy. Collaborating with the Discovery and Development organizations, the translational biomarker Research Associate will be responsible for executing preclinical studies, and analysis and interpretation of biomarker data to guide early clinical development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Utilize broad technical expertise in cell and tumor biology, biochemistry and molecular biology to execute and interpret in vitro and ex vivo experiments to expand mechanistic understanding of Nurix’s clinical development assets.
- Execute translational research studies to identify candidate pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers and mechanisms of resistance based on target biology, drug mechanism of action
- Collaborate with project teams, external investigators and contract research organizations to evaluate candidate biomarkers in nonclinical models and patient samples and select optimal assays for clinical evaluation
- Highly motivated, innovative and strong team player. Excellent time management and organizational skills required
Education and Skills Requirements:
- S. with 6+ years of industry experience in a relevant scientific area of drug development
- Expertise with in vivo models of mechanism is required including oral, IV, SC, IP Dosing of small molecules and collection of tissues, blood etc.
- Ideally, candidate will have training and/or experience implementing and qualifying biomarker assays in Immunology, Immuno-oncology, Cancer biology and/or Hematology including assays with primary cells and tissues
- Broad technical experience in cell and tumor biology, biochemistry and molecular biology across diverse platforms including FLOW is required
- Prior role in multidisciplinary projects and teams with ability to integrate cross-functional information is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, flexibility and demonstrated ability for creative thinking and proactive problem solving are essential for this role