We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist with expertise in Protein Sciences to join Nurix’s Protein Sciences group. Nurix is devoted to unlocking the therapeutic potential of the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS) in the areas of oncology and immuno-oncology, by utilizing the mechanistic and structural insights to guide drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate will provide scientific leadership and hands-on experience in Nurix’s protein expression and purification efforts to support biochemical, biophysical and structural efforts. This individual will work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary scientists and have regular opportunities to present findings to the project team and senior management. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability to incorporate new methodologies into their work. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, organized, focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment driven to deliver quality proteins to enable existing drug discovery platforms.
- PhD. in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or related field with 2+ years post-degree experience,
- Extensive knowledge of protein construct design tailored to elucidate structure-function relations and identification of structural and functional modules,
- Hands-on expertise on purification of proteins from bacterial, mammalian and insect expression systems for structural and functional applications,
- Proficient in the operation of purification instrumentation (e.g. AKTA, ultracentrifugation) and purification techniques including but not limited to affinity chromatography, SEC, Ion-Exchange chromatography,
- Hands-on expertise on protein characterization techniques including SDS-PAGE, Mass spectrometry, Dynamic light scattering, and Differential Scanning Fluorimetry,
- The candidate should be enthusiastic, driven, have the ability to work independently in a team environment and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment,
- The successful candidate will be aligned to Nurix’s culture and values; he/she will be team oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach
- Experience with production of intrinsically disordered proteins (IDP’s),
- General knowledge of immuno-oncology, structural biology, and drug discovery,
- General knowledge of protein ubiquitylation biochemistry and pathways,
- Hands-on experience of mammalian expression systems,
- Experience with production of membrane associated proteins requiring the use of surfactants for purification,
- Hands-on knowledge of protein purification automation (e.g. AKTA programming for multi-step purifications)
- Have a record of published work and of presentation at conferences.