We are seeking a talented and highly motivated chemist with some experience and strong aptitude in analytical chemistry to join our Analytical Chemistry team. You will work with a highly dynamic group that is focused on moving projects from the hit identification stage to the discovery of clinical candidates. The Nurix mission is to control protein fate to treat human diseases leveraging exciting technologies to target protein degradation.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated some experience in modern analytical chemistry and standard analytical methods. Experience in analytical and preparative supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) as well as reversed-phase LCMS are highly desired. Experience in analysis of in vitro ADME properties and NMR data acquisition are also desired.
As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, you will collaborate with a broad group of highly experienced scientists within Nurix.
• BA/BS or equivalent with up to 2+ years of relevant experience with 0-4 years industrial chemistry experience (years of relevant experience will impact level of hire);
• Can repeat and follow detailed scientific procedures with supervision;
• Knowledge of basic analytical chemistry concepts, practices and procedures, in particular as they relate to chromatography;
• Ability to take direction from experienced scientists and contributes in a team environment;
• Able to clearly present technical information verbally and in writing to supervisor;
• Good interpersonal skills and is willing to ask questions about procedures and concepts;
• Aptitude and willingness to gain more skills and knowledge in analytical chemistry in particular chromatography, but also NMR and in vitro ADME properties.
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
• Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
• Solutions and results-oriented focus
• Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view