We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist with a background in E3 ligase biology and an interest in drug discovery to help us unlock novel E3 ligases for use in the emerging field of targeted protein degradation. In this role you will be responsible for leading ligand discovery campaigns using Nurix’s DNA encoded library (DEL) platform to identify novel ligands for E3 ligases. Working collaboratively with a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, you will participate in degrader design, evaluation and advancement.
• Ph.D. scientist with 2+ years of post-degree pharma/biotech/academic experience.
• In depth knowledge of ubiquitin biology required.
• Expertise in general biochemical and molecular biology including protein immobilization and qPCR. Experience with Nextgen sequencing is a plus.
• Experience in the development, optimization and execution of biochemical and biophysical assays.
• Hands on experience interrogating protein-protein or protein-ligand interactions.
• Familiarity with principles of degrader technology and/or DNA encoded library discovery is highly preferred.
• High level of creativity and productivity with strong problem-solving skills.
• Solid track record of scientific accomplishment demonstrated by publications, patents, or presentations
• Excellent communication skills and able to present the rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments of the chemistry efforts to other members of the department.
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
• Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
• Solutions and results-oriented focus
• Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view