We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated in vivo pharmacologist to lead efforts in oncology, inflammation, and immuno-oncology. The ideal candidate will have expertise in small molecule PK/PD studies, xenograft and syngeneic tumor models, inflammatory disease models, and immune cell profiling by flow cytometry. This role will lead efforts within the group to support novel drug discovery projects from early lead optimization through clinical candidate selection. Responsibilities include strategic planning for projects progressing towards in vivo profiling, assessment and development of genetic models for target validation and compound characterization, management of work within the Preclinical team (PK/PD/efficacy), and management of projects at CROs. This individual will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines and present findings and strategy to project teams, the board, and external collaborators. The candidate must be an accomplished pharmacologist and biologist that has a track record of progressing projects through preclinical development.
If you are intrigued by the opportunity to work with a passionate team of scientists focused on improving patient’s lives with first-in-class therapies, please consider applying.
- Ph.D. in pharmacology, immunology, cancer biology or a related field with 6+ years of industry experience.
- Expertise in oncology, immuno-oncology, inflammation and in vivo models of disease
- Proven ability to identify and develop disease models for preclinical drug development
- Management experience of direct reports required
- Experience as lead pharmacology representative on project teams required
- Expertise with flow cytometer-based profiling of immune cells required
- Expertise in small molecule drug development and PK/PD assay technologies
- Expertise with hit-to-lead optimization and establishment of PK/PD relationships
- Knowledge of transgenic model generation and phenotypic characterization desired
- Experience writing preclinical reports for IND filings desired
- Requires excellent communication and presentation skills
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view