At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into takeaways and information into meaning.
At Nuna Engineering, we build technologies that enable data scientists, analysts, benefits officers, and policymakers to understand healthcare data while ensuring its integrity, security and privacy. Our work spans the gamut, from joining multiple streams of messy real-world data to building queryable data warehouses to construct visualizations and dashboards that surface actionable insights. We build systems that are auditable, as automated as possible, accurately represent the underlying data, and, perhaps most importantly, responsive to our end users' needs. We have a creative, collaborative engineering environment that implements best practices for peer review, readability, maintainability, scalability, and security of the code base and infrastructure.
The Nuna product engineering team is a diverse organization of engineers who are concerned about the different layers that make up our stack: ingestion tools, pipeline orchestration, data storage, and web front ends. The product is both an analysis pipeline and a set of integrations and tools that allow for many different users to have meaningful access and derive insights from the data that we have processed and made available.
- Build products that not only make healthcare better, but that solve problems at a national level.
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight to projects within a team.
- Enforce high-quality coding standards and practices via reviews and by demonstrating this in your own work.
- Help others break down large team goals into specific and manageable tasks.
- Be involved and supportive of agile sprint model of development, helping to enforce the practice and the discipline.
- Work efficiently and proactively across engineering teams to enable us to deliver on our goals of loosely coupled, adaptable, scalable solutions.
- Technology-agnostic and pragmatic engineering sensibility focused on solving key problems, not the tools.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with remote teams.
- Handle ambiguity well and act with autonomy.
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals (e.g. algorithms, data structures, etc.) and software development processes.
- Demonstrated ability to understand automated testing concepts and ability to consistently apply them.
- Working experience with distributed computing infrastructure (Hadoop, Spark, Crunch, etc).
- Knowledge of database fundamentals for large-scale, analysis-heavy databases.
- Demonstrated years of experience.
- Passion for problem-solving and or healthcare experience.
- Familiarity with Django web applications or similar web frameworks.
- Experience building tools for data analysis or data analysis platforms.
- Experience providing technical guidance to enterprise and/or government clients.
Technologies Used At Nuna:
- Spark, Crunch, and Hadoop
- Linux, OS X, & Windows
- AWS; including EC2, EBS, RedShift, EMR, ELB, SNS, RDS, CloudFormation, and more
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.