At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
The Design team at Nuna designs experiences for a complex ecosystem of people, products, and services in the healthcare industry. We embrace an anthropological approach to design: curiosity, respect, passion, narrative, and systems-thinking fuel our success. We also have a deep appreciation for the crafts of design and research—we like to geek out over typography, grids, color, micro-interactions, design studios, journey maps and developing and sharing compelling, change-making insights.
Turning large volumes of data into visually compelling, easy to consume and actionable insights requires deeply understanding customer needs and workflows.. As a Product Designer at Nuna, you’ll work with product managers and solutions leaders to understand the unique challenges our healthcare payer and provider system customers face as they transition to value-based care.. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers and healthcare data analysts to build delightful, simple and engaging experiences that support our customers taking data-driven action to improve the access, affordability and quality of the healthcare they provide.
- Owning design projects from initial explorations to detailed interactions and pixel-perfect visuals.
- Proactively finding and proposing ways to make every part of the product more joyful and easy to use.
- Developing deep understanding of the needs of our customers and advocating on their behalf across the company.
- Crafting smart and scrappy generative and evaluative research opportunities to ensure we’re building the right thing for our customers.
- Giving and soliciting feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners throughout the design process.
- Extend and evolve our design pattern library.
- 5+ years of experience designing enterprise and/or large scale consumer applications in complex or technical spaces like analytics, data visualization, healthcare, etc.
- Experience in designing analytics products including dashboards, data visualizations and data storytelling for enterprise customers.
- Demonstrated history of taking initiative, leading an end to end design process, and getting things done at the appropriate level of polish against tight timelines.
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker.
- Proven impact applying design strategy methodologies to produce successful outcomes from discovery through to implementation.
- Demonstrated experience designing and building end-to-end product experiences.
- Experience drawing from a variety of research methods at different stages of the design process: to inspire early design work, inform the initial opportunity, collect formative feedback to support iteration, and validate a go-to-market solution.
- A degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with value-based care
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $148,000 to $185,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, and skillset.
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.