At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies, health plans, and employers, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Nuna’s products are built to help deliver value-based care, at scale, across the United States healthcare system. Value-based healthcare is a delivery model where providers are paid based on patient health outcomes, instead of traditional fee for service arrangements, driving delivery of higher quality care for patients at lower cost. Today, value-based care is incredibly difficult to operationalize so we’re making it easier with products that enable automated, accurate, and transparent operation of value-based arrangements.
Our Value-Based Payment suite of products support a healthcare delivery model where providers are paid based on patient health outcomes, instead of traditional fee for service arrangements, driving delivery of higher quality care for patients at lower cost.
Nuna’s Product Solutions team is a forward-deployed, customer-focused team dedicated to the efficient delivery of our Value-Based Payment suite to customers. As Security Solutions Engineer you’ll work as part of a cross-functional team of healthcare subject matter experts, engineers, product managers, and customer liaisons to adapt and configure Nuna’s products to deliver accurate and scalable solutions. Along the way, you’ll help customers understand our products’ key security capabilities and architecture, work with them to integrate their existing security tools and practices with our products, and help them move from a primarily "on prem" security posture to one that includes Nuna's SaaS products.
As a Security Solutions Engineer, you will protect the data of tens of millions of Americans by working closely with our customer solutions, compliance, privacy, and engineering teams to ensure that we securely transfer data to and from our customers, and integrate with their identity management systems for authentication and authorization. You’ll work and collaborate with customers on a daily basis, and seek to win their confidence and satisfaction by working with your customer counterparts to answer their security questions and satisfy their security concerns.
- Participate in pre-sale and post-sale discussion with customers to understand their security concerns and identify how Nuna products can be configured and integrated to satisfy those concerns.
- Work with Nuna’s internal teams to develop strategies for addressing unmet customer needs uncovered during the implementation process
- Assist implementation managers with the establishment of delivery timelines
- Represent Nuna’s products in pre-sale scoping conversations to ensure client security requirements align with Nuna's product capabilities and roadmap
- Encourage adoption of cloud-centric security best practices and architecture by our customers via evangelism and education.
- Develop documentation to support ongoing security systems operations, maintenance and specific problem resolution
- Review, interpret and adapt customer, regulatory and corporate security and compliance requirements into technical design options
- 3+ years of customer-facing security experience with a clear understanding of industry best practices and a demonstrated ability to respond to evolving risks.
- Proven organizational and communication skills. Possessing the ability to effectively prioritize tasks across multiple stakeholders.
- Capable of analyzing requirements, working with system-level threat models, and defining and managing resultant security requirements.
- Experience with authentication and authorization technologies such as Active Directory and SSO/SAML.
- Ability to quickly learn our product suite inside and out, demo and map quickly between what customer wants and what we can do
- Boundless positive energy and drive to tackle problems and delight customers
- Near obsessive interest in the details of a customer implementation
- Technical proficiency to gain buy-in from health IT stakeholders
- Domain proficiency with enterprise data security and standards
- Ability to distill complicated topics, and know when to jump into the weeds or give more high-level context to your audience
- Willingness to travel (when it is safe to do so)
- Experience with healthcare and government regulatory requirements, especially around data protection and information security.
- Willingness to conduct briefings, write white papers, and present technical content at local events and conferences
TECHNOLOGIES USED AT NUNA
- Cloud: EC2, S3, SQS, RedShift, EMR, RDS, ELB, AWS VPCs, and networking, etc
- Operating systems: Linux, OS X, and Windows
- Metrics and reporting: Splunk, AWS Config, AWS SNS, AWS CloudWatch
- Coordination & collaboration tools: Jira, Confluence, Slack, GSuite
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.