At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Data Engineering is at the core of Nuna’s promise to deliver exceptional and actionable data insights to our clients. We are responsible for the scalable comprehension, ingestion, cleaning, and deploying of client data on schedule - think of us as the heart muscle that pumps data throughout Nuna. And because quality and consistency are our hallmarks, we’re more than a little obsessed with detail and process.
Data Engineering is a cross-functional team that supports Nuna’s Enterprise Product Suite. We untangle messy and complex healthcare data and enable our Data Science and Analytics teams to perform and deliver exceptional analytics to our clients.
- Map, extract, transform and load data from source to target through multiple stages
- Perform data quality assessment, measurement, and reporting
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, data analysts and engineers to define user requirements and database design specifications for our clients’ needs.
- Analyze data feed requirements received from vendors, translate business requirements into technical design specifications.
- Build out new API and functionality for data ingress/egress with our customers systems.
- Use your knowledge of SQL to perform data analysis based on business requirements and data profiling reports.
- Maintain and ensure monthly data updates are delivered on-time to our customers
- Serve as a technical resource in resolving client issues related to database or other data issues
- Work closely with client-facing teams
- Work directly with clients and lead client calls when needed
- Construction and automation of data pipelines
- Ability to use SQL for developing robust and scalable ETL pipelines.
- Experience working with Python for API integrations and pipeline automation.
- Experience working with data, preferably healthcare data, and databases.
- Experience with data quality processes, data quality checks, validations, data quality metrics definition and measurement.
- Ability to construct and debug complex SQL queries.
- Ability to operate with cross-functional teams (e.g., implementation managers, data science, engineers, etc.).
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- BA/BS in statistics, math, data science, or computer science (or related field)
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record working with data warehouse and ETL architectures and concepts plus.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP) is preferred.
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.