At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Our Finance team is lean, nimble, and looking to grow! The finance and accounting team is responsible for reporting on the financial operations at Nuna by building out processes, establishing and documenting key controls, and closing the books monthly by recording the Company’s financial transactions accurately and timely. They work closely with the business to provide guidance around operational performance and respond to financial reporting requests from management and investors.
You will enjoy working with various business groups, employees and vendors to ensure the organization is processing the pertinent financial related information into the financial records. You take pride in the generation of accurate and timely financial and operational reports and metrics for senior leaders of the organization to be informed of the operational performance.
- Prepare asset, liability, and equity entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Reconcile credit card, bank and investment statements
- Own the month end close calendar and reconcile GL accounts
- Input AP, generate client invoices, and manage employee expense reimbursement
- Purchase Order process oversight
- Document processes around key accounts
- Author key policies and memos related to significant financial transactions
- Prepare monthly financials for management
- Collaborate closely with other departments in accounting related matters
- Assist in employee onboarding and facilitate communication between employees and the finance/accounting team
- Reporting and documentation as needed for audit requirements
- Ad hoc tasks related to payroll and financial reporting projects
- Stay current with continuing professional education by participating in external accounting functions and networking events
- 2-3 years industry experience for small start-up companies in similar role(s)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks Online, bill.com, and Expensify (or equivalent products)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- General curiosity on how the business operates
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities as requested
- Public Accounting experience, CPA or CPA equivalent (or in progress)
- Familiarity with Payroll and related benefit application tools
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.