At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Product and Design team at Nuna guide our products from concept to launch and beyond! We’re the voice of our customers within Nuna and love learning about their needs and challenges in order to craft better solutions. We embrace an anthropological approach to design: curiosity, respect, passion, narrative, and systems-thinking fuel our success. We also have a deep appreciation for the crafts of design and research—we like to geek out over journey maps, co-creation, microinteractions, and not least, developing and sharing compelling, change-making insights. We work closely with Engineering and Data Science to coordinate and plan for new and existing products across all teams at Nuna. We thrive in ambiguous situations, manage chaos with a sense of humor, and have a bias towards action that is data‐driven and purposeful.
Nuna built the federal operational data store for Medicaid claims, eligibility/enrollment, provider, and managed care data that provides critical health information about 75 million of the most vulnerable Americans to positively impact their healthcare. Building on that success Nuna embarked on building a Data Analytics system that serves as a scalable analytic infrastructure for CMS to analyze the massive amounts of Medicaid-related data in an affordable and iterative manner. These projects centralize data and give the federal government analytic capabilities to evaluate and improve the $600 billion dollars of Medicaid programs and build the foundation for the move to value-based care.
Turning data into learnings and information into meaning requires a deep understanding of the needs of our customers. As a User Researcher at Nuna, you’ll work with product managers and business leaders to understand our customers and the challenges they face as healthcare payers and providers transitioning to value-based care. You will work with product managers, engineers and data scientists, to translate those insights into compelling analytic solutions that help our partners make data-driven decisions that improve access, affordability and quality of the healthcare they provide.
We’re looking for a user researcher to help us understand the complex intersections of needs across our Government customers. You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of product managers and engineers to explore, create and understand ways we can transform the use of healthcare data. Your work will range from service design, qualitative and quantitative user research and serving as a guide towards building human centered design practices in the team.
- Plan and execute practical and impactful research throughout the product lifecycle, from value proposition to microinteractions
- Synthesize and communicate insights and recommendations in an engaging and actionable manner to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate workshops and design studios to align teams around the objectives and implications of your work
- Bring creative participant recruiting strategies to a sometimes challenging domain
- Build partnerships within the company to join smaller scale qualitative insights to larger quantitative patterns
- Evangelize customer and product research, customer-centered culture, and customer empathy across the company and with Nuna’s clients
- Work directly with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) users
- Evangelism for the value of human centered design and communicating that to users, clients and peers
- Ability to bring together diverse mindsets and find convergence - whether you’re facilitating a workshop or writing a discussion guide
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with: interviews and observations, remote testing, iterative prototype testing and proposing and conducting usability experiments
- 3+ years proven success leading User Research projects with demonstrated impact
- 2+ years working in a highly agile/scrum environment
- Experience working with the federal government
- Experience designing analytics products, dashboards or data visualizations
- Experience in the healthcare payer industry (whether provider systems, insurers or government)
- A degree in Behavioral Science, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Science or similar experience
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.