At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
The Mission of Data Science at Nuna is to develop analytic methods and actionable insights that drive accountability and smarter, data-driven decision making in our healthcare system. Team members come from fields such as biomedical informatics, health economics, statistics, and operations research and share a passion for research, experimentation, measurement, and learning. We work daily with Nuna’s Engineering, Design, and Product teams to unlock the power of healthcare data in pursuit of high-quality & affordable healthcare.
We are seeking a talented individual who will be part of a cross-functional team focusing on core R&D efforts for data products at Nuna. Specifically, this individual will participate in the development of methods for measuring health-system and provider performance, forecasting how that performance will change as a function of shifting incentives and surfacing actionable recommendations for improvement. This individual will work closely with Product, Engineering and design teams to help create novel tools and technology that will promote the adoption, operation and success of value based payment models.
As part of Nuna’s Data Science team, you will:
- Support the creation of technology and data products that facilitate the adoption and operation of value based payment models and proliferation of high quality, cost effective care
- Work with subject matter experts and stakeholders, both internal and external to Nuna, to formulate methodologies for measuring healthcare performance
- Research and propose analytic approaches for ambiguously-scoped problems
- Present solutions to internal and external stakeholders, gather feedback, and iterate on methodologies
- Work closely with engineering and product to productize key insights and drive behavior change
- Advanced degrees (PhD or Masters) in quantitative field (Statistics, Economics, Health Policy, Health/Medical Informatics, or similar) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with real-world datasets
- Prior experience writing production code in a distributed computing environment, and familiarity with associated engineering practices.
- Strong understanding of and experience with applied Statistics and Machine Learning
- Experience conducting self-directed, quantitative research on ambiguously scoped questions and topics in a business setting
- Clear communication skills and the ability to break down problems and generate shared understanding
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both as part of a team as well as in a self-directed manner
- Familiarity with healthcare performance metrics and supporting methodologies (i.e. risk-adjustment and attribution)
- Prior work experience with or research on healthcare payers or providers. Of particular relevance: Medicare Advantage, Medicaid Managed Care and the ACA Exchange market segments
- Familiarity with shared-risk care models
- Experience working with healthcare data, such as claims data, enrollment data or EHR data
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.