At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
The Design team at Nuna designs experiences for a complex ecosystem of people, products, and services in the healthcare industry. We embrace an anthropological approach to design: curiosity, respect, passion, narrative, and systems-thinking fuel our success. We also have a deep appreciation for the crafts of design and research—we like to geek out over typography, grids, color, microinteractions, design studios, journey maps and developing and sharing compelling, change-making insights.
Turning data into learnings and information into meaning requires a deep understanding of the needs of our customers. As a UX Designer at Nuna, you’ll work with product managers and business leaders to understand our customers and the challenges they face as healthcare payers and providers transitioning to value-based care. You will work with product managers, engineers and data scientists, to translate those insights into compelling analytic solutions that help our partners make data-driven decisions that improve access, affordability and quality of the healthcare they provide.
- Understand and advocate for our customer’s needs and goals.
- Design the end-to-end product experience from early sketches and user flows to detailed interactions and pixel-perfect visuals.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners throughout the design process.
- Lead user research and synthesize insights into user stories, journey maps and other visualizations that will help leaders align on the problem we should solve for.
- Translate user research findings into product and usability improvements.
- Extend and evolve our design pattern library.
- Demonstrated history of taking initiative, and getting things done at the appropriate level of polish against tight timelines.
- Proven impact applying design strategy methodologies to produce successful outcomes from discovery through to implementation.
- Demonstrated experience designing and building end-to-end product experiences.
- Experience drawing from a variety of research methods–interviews, observation, diary studies, prototyping, surveys, user testing, and experiments–at different stages of the design process: to inspire early design work, inform the initial opportunity, collect formative feedback to support iteration, and validate a go-to-market solution.
- A degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience designing analytics products, dashboards or data visualizations.
- Experience in the healthcare payer industry (whether provider systems, insurers or government).
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.