Our success has led to continued expansion both in the range of services we offer and our global presence. We are now looking for a talented and enthusiastic Medical Editor. This position is responsible for reviewing and editing a wide range of materials in a timely manner while adhering to company and client style guides. The Medical Editor ensures that all work is in line with editorial policies and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures editorial accuracy and style/format consistency of manuscripts, abstracts, oral presentations, slide decks, and other materials
- Edits content for grammar, spelling, accuracy, consistency, and flow
- Ensures adherence to AMA, in-house, or client style guides as appropriate
- Proofreads layouts against approved copy to ensure correct grammar and spelling and good typography; performs a final check of adherence to editorial standards
- Researches medical and scientific topics as needed using various information sources, including in-house reference system, PubMed, governmental and organizational websites, and other sources
- Helps to maintain in-house and client style guides
- Contributes to Copy Talk newsletter
- Performs other duties as required or assigned to fulfill the Medical Editor role effectively
- Bachelor degree in the life sciences, journalism, English, or communications, or a related field
- 2 to 4 years’ proofreading/copyediting experience
- Proficiency using AMA style guidelines
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar
- Experience editing medical materials (preferred)
- Ability to read, learn, and understand complex medical and scientific materials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong ability to work as part of an effective team
The physical requirements of this position are that of general office conditions and can include but are not limited to: working alone and/or with others; complex reading, writing, analysis, and comprehension; judgment and decision-making; seeing, hearing and listening; sitting for long periods of time; typing; and verbal contact with others. Upon request, a reasonable accommodation may be made by the Company to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Nucleus Global, we are committed to driving a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging where everyone can bring each facet of themselves to work each day. We believe that strength in diversity and inclusivity is a driver of our success.
As part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we use a third-party anonymizing software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters.
Nucleus Global is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Nucleus Global and its affiliated companies via email, the Internet or in any form – without a current signed fee agreement for that position (as authorized by the Recruitment Manager) – will be deemed the sole property of Nucleus Global, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.