Nucleus Global is a leading healthcare communications group with over 700 employees around the globe. Nucleus Global includes the medical communications agencies MediTech Media™, Health Interactions, ArticulateScience, Clinical Thinking, SciMentum, Integress, Scientific Pathways, Medical Expressions, and Chrysalis, in addition to The Institute for Medical and Nursing Education, a provider of independent and continuing medical education. Our clients are top global pharmaceutical companies, scientific societies and non-governmental organizations and we pride ourselves on delivering high quality communications and good value to our clients.
The Commercial Director is responsible for identifying opportunities (with both existing and potential new clients) and working with the President and Business leads to convert these into new accounts. Work in collaboration with the other regions’ efforts to ensure we are in alignment. This role has oversight of strategic planning of new business as well as developing organizational structures and best practice presentations and materials. Develop strategic new business plans to diversity client base, therapeutic areas, and service offerings.
Education, work experience and skills
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the life sciences combined with a M.B.A, MSc or PhD
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical environment
• Experience working globally is a plus
• Extensive solutions/consultative selling and business development experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Must also be able to demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
• Deep industry knowledge and awareness of business and clients
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building skills and ability to interface with all levels of management
• Resourceful, creative thinking and problem solving skills
• Clear and effective decision making and influencing abilities
• Demonstrated influence leadership skills
• Solid team player with proven successful track record of working collaboratively in virtual/crossfunctional/divisional teams
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Flexible and able to effectively balance multiple competing priorities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Outstanding presentation skills
• Passion for science and solid track record of providing exceptional solutions to meet client needs
• High level of accountability and business ethics
Leadership, Project Management & Finance
In addition to a competitive package, we are known for our friendly and informal working environment. We also offer excellent opportunities for career and personal development, and a robust benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K), vacation, holiday, and sick time.
Nucleus Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nucleus Global is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Nucleus Global and its affiliated companies via email, the Internet or in any form — without a current signed fee agreement for that position (as authorized by the Recruitment Manager) — will be deemed the sole property of Nucleus Global, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.