Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital banking platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. For more information, visit our institutional page https://international.nubank.com.br/careers/
About the role
The IC5 (a) is a The Operational Risk Sr Analyst who plays a critical role in the operational risk management function at Nu Mexico. Their primary responsibility is to identify, assess, monitor, and mitigate operational risks that could impact the achievement of the company's objectives. This role involves close collaboration with different departments and teams to execute various Operational Risk programs aimed at reducing and controlling the likelihood and impact of adverse operational risk events.
What you will do:
- Oversee the implementation of operational risk policies, technology, tools, and governance processes.
- Identify challenges and develop solutions to drive continuous process improvements; and incorporate best practices and innovative solutions into the operational risk framework.
- Assess risks and take proactive actions to address the root causes that lead to operational risk losses.
- Closely monitor loss events and incidents related to operational risks.
- Provide guidance and support to front-line business units and functions.
- Prepare reports and presentations tailored to various audiences, including board and management risk committees and senior leadership.
- Operate with limited direct supervision and exercise independence of judgment and autonomy.
- As a subject matter expert (SME), you will collaborate closely with senior stakeholders and other team members to drive effective risk management practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineer, Risk Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in operational risk management, internal audit or compliance.
- Strong knowledge of the operational risk management framework.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Experience with regulatory compliance and corporate governance standards.
- Strong knowledge of Control Testing and Monitorings throughout substantive testings and Key Risk Indicators (KRI´s).
- Experience with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) systems.
- Fluent in English.
- Chance of earning equity at Nu
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Health and life insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- 17 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Gym partnership
- Food card
Mexico City, Mexico.
Our Nu Way of Working
Our work model is hybrid and has cycles that can be from two to three months according to the business of expertise. For every eight or twelve weeks of remote work, one will be at the office. Check more in https://blog.nu.com.mx/nu-anuncia-modelo-hibrido-de-trabajo/
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.