Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital banking platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. For more information, visit our institutional page https://international.nubank.com.br/careers/
Our Data Science and ML Team
At Nubank we aim to empower our customers to take control of their financial lives. The Data Science team develops models and leverages its expertise to provide the best experience and products, using statistics, Artificial Intelligence and lots of creativity to predict our customers' behaviors. Our team strives for cutting edge model development techniques, from Machine Learning to Reinforcement Learning and beyond. We're partnering with business and technology to make speed of thought decisions possible.
The principles that guide us:
Diverse ensembles don't overfit;
We reinforce each other's learning;
Mind the person behind the data point;
We share the same objective function;
We trust our confidence interval;
Pursue the global maxima.
This is an individual contributor role as Senior Machine Learning Engineer. We're looking for someone with a record of deploying Machine Learning models into production environments, running experiments, proficient in Data Engineering, and eager to keep pushing themselves and the team to follow the best practices of Machine Learning Engineering.
Once here, you will:
- Productionalize and scale machine learning models in Nu Mexico that will directly impact business outcomes;
- Design the implementation of experiments;
- Integrate and leverage external data sources to feed our models;
- Lead the solution of the most challenging machine learning engineering projects we face;
- Expand the team knowledge, inspire
- Bring expertise to the team to help design and prioritize projects across the many areas involved in building machine learning products (training, deployment, data consistency, monitoring, governance, etc.);
- Ensure the team maintains a high level of technical excellence;
- Contribute to a technical culture in the local team;
- Look and implement improvements in the way we work and organize.
Things you'll need to thrive in this role:
- Strong coding skills Python/Scala or equivalent languages;
- Understanding of engineering challenges in a production environment;
- Openness to learn new technologies, like Clojure;
- Good understanding of a model development and deployment pipeline;
- Experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as Scikit-learn, Mllib and etc;
- Nice data handling skills, Spark Data frames or SQL proficiency is a plus;
- English language proficiency
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Health and life insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- 17 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Gym partnership
Mexico City, Mexico.
Our Nu Way of Working
Our work model is hybrid and has cycles that can be from two to three months according to the business of expertise. For every eight or twelve weeks of remote work, one will be at the office. Check more information here https://blog.nu.com.mx/nu-anuncia-modelo-hibrido-de-trabajo/
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.