Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
- Ensure accurate, timely and compliant End-to End Payroll Processing across all geographies;
- Provide support, guidance and assistance for all Nubanker's people needs;
- Support Nubanker's employment lifecycle journey through streamlined processes and operational excellence;
- Make Nubankers fanatical for our services.
About the role
Performs daily HR generalist processes, such as hiring (onboarding, running background check, I-9 process), payroll conference (working close to the outsourcing vendor, making inputs, validating calculations, payroll sign-off), termination processes (offboarding, sharing next steps details), PTO and Leave of Absence (tracking the requests, have accurate information in the system), and others. Analyze and apply improvements to the process.
- Being the point of contact for Nubankers employment life cycle, providing accurate responses according to the company policies and having the ownership to find the information in case is not available, building a self service support model;
- Managing vendors involved in the HR process, making sure the deliverables are sent on time and adjustment are done when required;
- Act as an owner in the daily activities, making sure the deadlines are met with positive impact to the Nubankers;
- Build a strong and trusting relationship with Nubankers based in the US providing the best experience possible.
- US Payroll Experience;
- US People Operations Experience (such as hiring, PTO, LOA, termination);
- Knowledge of local legislation and regulations;
- Generalist knowledge in HR functions.
- Familiar with spreadsheets and electronic platforms of document release such as Docusign, Oracle, ADP system and Slack;
- Familiar with Google Workspace.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nubank, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.