IT Support Engineer
Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit https://nu.com.co.
Why are Support Engineers important to Nubank?
Just like Nubank is customer-focused, our team also aims to offer the best experience and solutions for all everyday issues and tasks. And who are our customers? All Nubankers.
Our team is responsible for supporting and implementing solutions that will help our Nubankers reach their goals with the best technology. We work directly to make the experience of Nubankers more comfortable. We also use resources from different chapters and squads within the ITEng tribe and all of Nubank to make our work more efficient.
We also gather metrics to ensure the decisions we make are the right ones, always keeping an eye at the root cause so that we can provide a unique solution.
Desired skills and experience
Besides the technical stack widely adopted at Nubank engineering, we expect an IT Support Engineer to have:
- 3+ years of proven experience and knowledge at tech support.
- Experience with any corporate ITSM tool.
- Experience supporting Google Cloud Enterprise Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Groups, etc);
- Experience working with Atlassian tools like Confluence, Jira, OpsGenie.
- Experience with video conference technology (zoom/hangouts)
- Version control systems knowledge like Git (Github, Gitlab).
- Unix Expertise, hands-on experience working in any UNIX CLI derivative environments (Any Linux Distro & MacOs).
- VirtualBox or virtualization experience.
- Automated Setup & Deployment of end user machines (Ubuntu and MacOS).
- Apple MDM tools Knowledge (Ex: JAMF, MOSYLE).
- Basic to Intermediate experience reading and programming with web development Python modules like Django, Flask, Pandas, Requests.
- Knowledge and experience with network protocols, topologies and technologies (Fortinet, PaloAlto, Aruba)
- IT Assets inventory management, since acquisition to storage.
- Knowledge of high-level scripting languages (e.g. Python, Go, Clojure, Bash).
- Cloud technology oriented - AWS (EC2, S3, IAM) is plus.
- Knowledge of the security-first approach.
- Experience working with global teams and supporting customers remotely.
- Scrum/Kanban Agile methodologies Knowledge.
- Being able to communicate efficiently in English, Spanish.
- Enjoying taking on great technical challenges with quality solutions and also having a sense of urgency when prioritizing problems.
- Willing to work in an hybrid environment by supporting onsite and remote.
- At Nu you can develop your strengths so being proactive is key for the role.
- Curiosity that enables learning and finding points to improve.
You will be a great fit if you believe in the main intrinsic values of culture in Nubank, such as:
- You like solving problems putting the customer at the center when designing new offerings, processes, and also having an understanding of how your work decisions can impact other Nubankers, and also believing that technology can create opportunities for incredible solutions.
- You like working with people and are flexible when dealing with people from different backgrounds, demonstrating ability to deliver despite ambiguity, changing expectations, tight deadlines, and always thinking and believing that there’s more than one way to make something cool.
- Appreciating and taking care of little details, showing curiosity, disposition to learn new skills quickly and having the will of taking on technologies with a high learning-curve.
- Encouraging your colleagues and influencing them to get things done in an environment where there are many things with coinciding priorities.
- Genuinely caring for a strong work ethic and dedication to truth in making decisions that put what's best for the company ahead of personal and/or team needs.
- Always looking for scalable solutions that will last, always aiming to collaborate well, communicate well, being open and inclusive, not tolerating demonstrations of uncool behaviors.
- Knowing what your limits are, demonstrating a realistic sense of your own strengths and weaknesses, with a low ego, non-defensive openness when giving or receiving feedback, always trying to be authentic and taking advantage of the situation to improve as a person and professional.
- Seeking critical thinking to diagnose problems at the root cause by solving practical, simple and scalable solutions to problems, also developing creative new solutions to existing problems.
Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- NuLanguage Program
- NuCare Program
- Extended Parental Leave