Nu was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationship with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia, Nu is today one of the world's largest digital banking platforms, reinventing over 48 million customers' financial lives.
Nu achieved this by offering a no-fee credit card, entirely managed by a mobile app. Throughout the years, Nu raised around US$2 billion with some of the best-known growth and technology investors in the world, such as Berkshire Hathaway, Sequoia, DST, Tencent, Tiger, Kaszek, Founders Fund, Dragoneer, TCV, Redpoint, Ribbit, GIC, Whale Rock, Invesco, QED, and Capital Group.Today, Nu is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States) and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About our team
As Analytics Engineers at Nubank, we are the bridge between the business needs and the data platform. We make data available to the entire company, always thinking about the best modeling, governance and performance. In addition, we share best practices and create new tools so that everyone who consumes the data can work in a more organized, efficient and secure way.
We have some links to help you better understand our Analytics Engineers team:
- Lead data projects from requirements mapping to database modeling and delivery;
- Contribute to the design, documentation, maintenance, monitoring and optimization of our code, and data tools;
- Identify opportunities for improvement in our ETL/ELT platform.
- Translate business needs into solutions aligned with data platform tools and strategies;
- Negotiate a data strategy with stakeholders that can deliver a great impact;
- Act in mentoring team members and data literacy at Nubank.
Skills & Experience
- Be passionate about data;
- Be able to write queries in SQL to solve highly complex problems in an optimized way;
- Experience in implementing and maintaining data pipelines;
- Understanding of software engineering good practices (eg Documentation, automated tests, clean code, etc);
- Programming experience with general-purpose languages (e.g. Python, Scala etc.)
- Knowledge of different database modeling and architecture techniques for analytical purposes (e.g. Data Mart, Data Lake, Data Warehouse etc.)
- Knowledge about distributed data systems and parallel processing;
- Ability to abstract business concepts into quantitative metrics (e.g.. KPIs, OKRs etc.)
- Good communication skills in dealing with stakeholders from technical and business areas;
- Knowledge in data visualization tools such as Looker, Power BI,Tableau, etc.
- Advanced English
- Vacations equal to 15 days
- Year end bonus (“aguinaldo”) equal to 1 month
- Equity at Nu
- Vales de despensa
- Health insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program