Nubank is one of the world's largest digital financial services platforms, with around 54 million customers in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia. As one of the world's leading technology companies, Nubank leverages its technology and innovation to create new financial solutions for individuals and SMEs that are simple, intuitive, convenient, low-cost and human. Guided by its mission to fight complexity and empower people, Nubank is advancing access to financial services in Latin America, connecting profit and purpose to create value and positively impact the communities in which it operates. For more information, visit www.nu.com.co
Operational Risk & Internal Controls at Nubank
Our mission is to maintain and constantly improve the operational risk management process in order to ensure a sustainable growth for Nubank. With that in mind, we analyze current risks and identify potential ones that may affect our journey.
Launching a fintech company in a new country is a highly complex project and it requires our team to identify, assess and respond to risks. As the Risk Management Specialist - Operational Risk at Nu Colombia, you will contribute to build the path to Nu Colombia to be a SFC regulated entity by translating risk management business needs to concrete solutions and automatizing activities to make the operational risk management procedures more efficient. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the growth of a fintech company and build strong processes based on data analytics; for that you will be working closely with the risk teams in Brazil.
As Risk Management Specialist, you will work closely with the Operational Risk Manager to ensure that your roadmap is in line with the business growth at all times, and align global defense strategies with local needs. You will enable the Operational Risk Manager to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This is a very strategic role that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to roll up your sleeves and play an active role in managing data and present results to different stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Develop the process to create and manage the Operational Events and Losses Database, including the extraction of information of different sources (regarding data fields, location, etc.), the validations of consistency, the cleaning of the data and the reports that support decision making.
- Develop the process and tools to calculate and manage the OR metrics (RAS, VaR, etc.), including the validations of consistency and the reports that support decision making.
- Create metrics and dashboards that work as early alerts and decision making tools.
- Develop the tools to get the information required to optimize the ORM processes.
- Implement the GRC project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Math, Statistics, Physics or related fields;
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Be passionate to manage data to answer questions
- Good coding skills (SQL, Python, R, Scala or other similar programming languages will be considered an advantage)
- Previous risk management experience at a Financial company (nice to have)
- Good communications skills (having the habit of presenting projects to stakeholders of different backgrounds, knowledge and organizational levels will be considered an advantage)
- Time-management and prioritization skills
The position is based in Bogotá, Colombia
- Equity at Nu
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- NuLanguage Program
- NuCare Program
- Extended Parental Leave
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will be working from home for 7 weeks and 1 at the office (Bogotá).