Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
As the First Line of Defense, 1st LoD, ensure the sustainable Nubank's growth supporting the regulatory demands of KYC and judicial enquiries, challenging the status quo through:
- The best experience to our fanatics and loved clients in the KYC process, keeping the highest level of quality for customer data and due diligences applicable accordingly to the regulators and internal policies (ops routines and governance practices as first line of Defense);
- Replying any Judicial enquiry related to breach of bank secrecy and unavailability of assets/ balances whenever our client is the defendant, contributing to a more ethical and fair society, truly understanding that, it is also a key driving force for the solid growth and development of Nubank and Brazil;
- Performing regulatory reports to Brazilian regulators towards KYC and Customer data, including Brokerage House’s environment;
- Acting focused on analysis for preventing misuse of Nubank's products for money laundering and terrorist financing.
In order to achieve that, we are responsible for supporting all activities related to the 1LoD, including the new onboarding, post-Acq flow and KYC process. It's involved in client data maintenance and integrity, FATCA/ CRS, CPF/CNPJ status checking, PEP & Sanctions, and other due diligence processes. Along with the controlling aspect, we are in charge of BacenJud, CCS, Simba, and all judicial orders/inquiries, mainly related to bank secrecy breach and amount's unavailability/ freezing, whenever our client is the defendant. It's also part of our coverage the analysis and treatment of AML alerts, as well as the Policy Enforcement functions (reg adherence, tec advisor and self-assessment).
About the role
It's in charge by ensuring the E2E of operational routines related to the Anti Money Laundering process and practices.
Have the responsibility to lead the AML Ops packs (1st Line of Defense) in Brazil and work strategically close to AML Governance and Compliance, our key stakeholders in the 2nd Line of Defense. It means the oversight of process related to:
- Analysis/ Investigation of alerts regarding misuse or non-typical use of Nubank's products;
- Review and enhance the recommendation about final decisions and/ or escalated cases'
- Coaf's reports;
- Support MLRO (Money Laundering Reporting Officer) functions through providing reports, dashboards and governance artifacts;
- Incubation of new queues due to new products and/ or features rollout;
- Work with peers in the market in order to ensure the alignment of best practices towards AML analysis;
- Quality assurance of analysis of AML alerts;
- Creation and development of artifacts for ops monitoring and strategic decision making;
- Product owner behavior, envisioning the value impact of AML analysis through smart efficiency initiatives, as an important enabler for Nubank scalability;
Notwithstanding, work as a partner with BUs and Product Teams, acting as a consultancy for new products and features rollouts, sharing the guidelines regarding AML practices, according to Nubank's policies and from Ops standpoint.
- Support the routines of quality assurance deployed by the Team to ensure the procedures are being performed and under control;
- Promote a healthy environment for challenging the status quo and discovering new ways to monitor and constantly improve the operational flows and AML methodologies for alerts generation;
- Deal with a robust data environment and promote consistent analysis based on a data-driven mindset equalizing it against regulatories risk and BU's interests;
- Develop the people around you for achieving high performance results, having as the center of your decisions the customer experience and the wellness of your team;
- Ensures that projects / processes are well aligned with the goals previously defined by the team and other projects, defining scopes, deadlines, costs, goals and expected impact and quality.
- Previous robust experience in subjects related to the process of anti-money laundering and terrorist financing investigation/ analysis, related to banks, DTVM and/ or brokerage houses;
- Experience leading large teams and leaders;
- Soft skills for developing talented teams with high impact performance;
- Skills with data and project management;
- Ability with dashboards, KPIs and graphs;
- Strategic view for identifying previously opportunities and potential risk based on data/ dashboards and metrics;
- Proactive and autonomous approach with genuine interest in creating processes and improving them, but at the same time, also understand that there are bureaucracies in the regulatory activities that need to be followed;
- Outstanding communication and storytelling skills.
- Previous experience related to AML analysis/ investigation, KYC or any other topic linked to the 1st Line of Defense;
- Have PQO Compliance and/ or CAMS;
- Have Agile and/ or any other project management Certification;
- Have knowledge in Looker and/ or SQL;
- Can easily turn numbers into complex strategies and effective actions.
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nubank, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.