WHO WE ARE AND WHAT DO WE BELIEVE? 🦄
Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
In 2021 Nubank was listed on NYSE valued at +50 Billion. Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany)
HOW IS OUR WORK CULTURE? 💡
We are a process-light organization that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimizing processes to remove bottlenecks.
WHY DOES DATA GOVERNANCE MATTER TO NUBANK? 🚦
A strong Data Foundation supports strategic decision making. The availability and accuracy of data has a direct impact on Nubank’s business operations. Clarity on data ownership and guarantees of data quality can help minimize data incidents.
Data Democracy enables agility and growth. Data Accountability creates responsibility for all data users across the organization. Our customers expect us to keep their data secure and private, and we have legal and regulatory obligations with data. We measure Data Governance results in:
- Clear data ownership
- Strong data quality
- Consistent data availability
- Data compliance
- Effective data privacy
- Data security
- Effective data usability
WHAT COULD YOU EXPECT FROM THIS ROLE? 👐🏽
- Planning a data governance roadmap, including a roadshow across the company in November
- Creating Policies for data governance, which will be cascaded across the organization and inform more local policies and procedures
- Establishing and tracking Metrics of data governance, including a new Data Governance Index that will be embedded in teams across the organization.
We are a process-light organization that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and avoid coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimizing processes to remove bottlenecks.
- You will be leading a team of other Engineers focused on Data Governance working with large-scale distributed systems, building scalable solutions adding value across our ecosystem
- Become a Nubank ambassador working to develop and retain our Top Talent
- Act as a Single Point of Contact for Data Governance activities under your scope
- Work closely with the Data Platform engineers counterparts and take an active role as a co-owner of production services to ensure services are built, maintained, and operated in a reliable and scalable way.
- Collaborate with the Data Platform engineering teams to drive operational health improvements, root cause analysis, postmortem discussions, and their associated remediations that serve to improve reliability and sub-linearly scale operations.
- Partner with others to use tools, processes, and techniques to sub-linearly scale operations and reduce business risk, in areas that include: infrastructure and configuration management, deploys, capacity modeling and planning, and incident mitigation.
- Identify common patterns in challenges with operating services in production, and collaborate with the engineering chapter to design and implement reusable solutions and/or other multi-functional work that drives down the complexity, difficulty, costs, and risks of operating the business.
- Deep involvement with application services throughout the Software Development Lifecycle, serving as the local Data Governance specialist and point of contact. Through this involvement, you will gain a deep understanding of the technology stack, and be empowered to meaningfully contribute to technical discussions.
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION? 💥
- Wide comprehesion of the implications of a Data Governance strategy
- Fluent English
WHAT IS IN FOR YOU? 🚀
- Our compensation rates includes Equity
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended Personal Time Off
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank as part of your Performance Review
Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. If/when relocation is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly.
We do not discriminate against any person based on race, color, ancestry, genetic information, national/regional or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, marital or family status, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable local law.