Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nu.com.mx.
Engineering at Nubank
We strive for state-of-the-art software development practices that currently include a variety of technologies. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
- Horizontally scalable microservices written mostly in Clojure, using Finagle and leveraging upon functional programming techniques and hexagonal architecture
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS
- Storing data in Datomic and DynamoDB
- Monitoring and observability with Prometheus
- Running as much as possible in Kubernetes
- Developing great mobile experiences in Flutter
We are a process-light organization that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
You can read more about it in our blog and get some insights into how we work.
As a manager in Engineering, you'll be expected to
- Build or scale up one or more software engineering teams
- Foster a culture of teamwork, feedback and continuous improvement
- Conduct effective 1:1s, team meetings and rituals
- Manage engineers, enabling them to be high performers and provide support, autonomy and develop others, to pursue the highest performance
- Deliver distributed systems at scale
- Align stakeholders around team’s vision, goals, and metrics
- Reason about software architecture design decisions
- Look and implement improvements in the way we work and organize
Once here, you will
- Coach and mentor engineers and managers alike, supporting their growth and performance inside the teams they are part of
- Facilitate continuous improvement of team’s processes
- Ensure the team follows good development processes, is aligned internally and with stakeholders, and consistently delivers quality software
- Ensure the team maintains a high level of operational excellence
- Actively drive and improve recruitment
- Foster psychological safety and facilitate conflict resolution and performance issues
We are looking for a professional who has
- Solid experience leading Engineering teams, ideally with a background as a software engineer
- Experience being accountable for people management, having exposure to performance assessment, hiring, supporting career growth, etc.
- Experience leading agile teams, being familiar with the most relevant ceremonies, metrics and processes
- A good level of technical understanding, being able to take part in architecture discussions with Engineers and to translate complex, technical projects and concepts for non-engineers.