Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
Our Data Engineering team provides horizontal and democratic platforms to support multiple business units across Nubank. Part of the day-to-day consists of creating and evolving technology solutions to support a data that volume grows by at least 4x every, sharing best practices and creating tools to improve data integrity and consistency.
About the role
The Lead Data Engineer will help define the strategy, and architecture and provide technical leadership to data platformization initiatives.
- Create programs to build scalable, reliable, and decentralized data platforms.
- Support the definition of the technical strategy of how we treat data.
- Create the necessary infrastructure to enable vertical data teams to operate effectively in different parts of the organization.
- Mentoring and leading other technical staff, supporting them to be effective in their day-to-day activities.
- Exposure to large-scale and distributed data environments;
- Experience with highly available systems and data environments;
- Experience with either micro-batch streaming or real-time streaming
- Data modeling
- Data warehousing (desirable)
Brazil / Remote.
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nubank, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represents a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.