Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nu.com.mx.
Our Finance Product Operations at Nubank
At Nubank, many things are done from scratch. We understood that to offer the most transparent, fair, and intuitive financial products and services; we had to recreate them from our early days completely.
We needed professionals who could navigate from business strategy to project management for this endeavor, from risk assessment to cross-team alignment. That's how and why our Product Ops team was born.
Finance is a fundamental for the stability of the business and it’s regulatory wellbeing. Finance has to work and provide inputs to all the organization across Mexico and Brazil. As the business evolves and becomes more complex, so will the work which Finance will need to cover
As a Finance Product Operations Manager, you'll be expected to:
- Define a roadmap encompassing both the recurrent regulatory obligations, and the special projects Finance is involved in. This means plan the work to be done (from discovery to completeness, track its progress, own the solution to any delay or block.
- Track the team’s capacity is enough to meet the roadmap.
- Identify areas of opportunities in Finance processes, proposing solutions and the resources required.
- Track day to day obligations, such as recurrent regulatory requirements.
- Maintain alignment within Finance, and with all other stakeholders involved in Finance work, both in Mexico and Brazil.
- Lead the deployment of external advisors when needed (consultants).
- Track dependencies with other areas beyond finance.
- Prioritize and align all new projects Finance is involved in, in order to allocate resources accordingly and to track work.
- Communicate Finance’s Strategy and objectives as well as risks to the broader Mexico BU, raising your hand if there are blockers in the projects, more resources are needed, as well as ensure Finance’s initiatives are visible for the rest of the BU and people outside your Pack understand what you are working on and how you are adding value to the Mexico BU.
- Contribute to defining Finance’s structure, ways of working, vision, culture, etc.
We're Looking for someone that has:
- Solid analytical background from data-driven, tech-forward companies who operate at scale, or management consulting firms
- Experience leading strategic projects
- Demonstrable track-record of stakeholder management and end-to-end project leadership
- Experience managing by influence and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to communicate concisely and effectively across all levels of the organization
- Finance knowledge, not an expert
- Have both the ability to dive on Finance related issues with the team, and communicate effectively to a broader audience outside finance.
- Fluent or native Spanish and English