Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico, Argentina and Colombia. Currently Mexico has over 2.6 million customers.
Our Compliance & AML Chapter
The Compliance & AML Team has a very special role in our mission: support the company’s growth by identifying the Compliance and the AML risks that Nu faces; designing and implementing controls to protect Nu from such risks; and by providing advisory to the Business on regulations and internal policies to create the best product or service that follows with these external and internal standards.
About the AML team
The AML team is responsible for protecting Nu against criminal activities and helping stop the laundering of ‘dirty’ money into the Mexican economy, complying with the necessary regulations, and ensuring the continuity of our business.
About the role
- Analyze the transactional alerts generated by the AML transaction monitoring system, to identify suspicious situations.
- Prepare all the investigation files to escalate it to the AML Committee.
- Strengthen the compliance team to be aligned with the responsibilities we have as a financial institution.
- Identify money laundering networks and be able to do escalations.
- Apply FIU typologies
- Sophisticated reporting to immediately inform money-laundering or terrorism financing activity to the relevant authorities (UIF).
- Perform quality review, evaluate process deficiencies, analyze control measures, enhance reporting capabilities and recommend corrective actions while satisfying regulatory requirements.
- Detecting risky customers by evaluating the customers’ risk profiles and processing them accordingly (enhanced due diligence, customer due diligence, etc.)
- Provide advice on sanctions and screening processes.
- Support the discard operation in binding lists.
- Believes and values the dissemination of Nu's values and culture.
How We Work
- You act like you own the company where you work
- You are enthusiastic about building partnership with other teams
- You are willing to go the extra mile and getting involved in many areas
- You challenge the status quo
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- Professional in law, administration, finance, Economic Sciences or related.
- 2-3 years experience in monitoring transactional AML alerts and-or in compliance areas in processes related to AML.
- Knowledge of sanctions and KYC processes related to AML.
- Knowledge in sending the suspicious activity report (SAR) to the CNBV.
- SOFIPO´s and Banking AML regulatory reports.
- Investigation related to AML and network analysis
- Has autonomy to make decisions that impact customers and Nu based on AML policies;
- Knows the specific regulations of the area and have the responsibility to apply them in their routine;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn;
- Attention to details and organization;
- CNBV certification is a plus
- Banking and SOFIPO aml investigation.
- Ability to make quick strategic decisions, considering the whole context and analyzing possible risks to the business;
- Knowledge in Excel, Sheets, Looker, and Databricks is desirable;
- Fluency in both English and Spanish;
- Equity at Nubank
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.