Nu was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nu is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nu is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our Design Team
Nu's mission is to fight complexity everyday to empower people. We believe that by building a truly global and diverse team we will be able to challenge the status quo and have a lasting impact on the world.
As a team who drives product development from ideation to full rollout, the Design team ensures that our product experiences are valuable to our users. Designers at Nu must deal with complex problems and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use experiences for millions of people.
At each stage, a Designer must anticipate our customers and business needs, advocate for our users and ensure that the final design surprises and delights them. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Product Managers and many other, working in projects that go from user interviews and prototypes to internal tools and brand assets.
Given this, designers must be flexible and eager to learn - it's unlikely that you'll arrive an expert in all tools and project phases, but you should be humble and have a strong desire and capacity to learn. It's critical that you are able to collaborate with people with varying backgrounds, give good feedback and apply critical feedback received. The combination of these skills along with your talent and technical competence as a designer can make you a great fit for the Nu Design team.
To help us grow and fight complexity we are looking for Design Ops to join our Design Team. If you want to build the future of financial services, apply and send us your resume and portfolio.
Once here, you will:
- Be responsible for understanding the team's weaknesses, creating and publicizing in the area several projects to solve these points.
- Develop, implement and manage effective processes, workflows and frameworks based on proven methodologies to make the design process more scalable, effective and measurable. Some examples of projects this person may be responsible for are:
- Build L&D projects to improve team development, build playbook processes and organize onboarding for new hires;
- Manage communication programs, creating and organizing some rituals and processes (Design Reviews, Design Updates) to make the team aware of what is happening in the different areas and show how they can provide/request support.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams such as PMs and Engineering to ensure smooth delivery of programs and projects.
- Measure the impact of programs and initiatives qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Work on team culture and team building not only internally but externally helping Nu's design chapter to have a stronger voice in the design community, leveraging talent attraction and exchanging ideas/learnings with design professionals external.
- Implement training and educational programs to leverage design practice and maturity within the company.
- Solid design D-OPS and/or Design Program Management experience (1-2 years in the role at least)
- Good overall understanding of design processes and practices is a plus
We are open to a variety of experience levels and we understand that years of experience are not the only indicator of what you're capable of. If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job and our mission, please consider applying. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team and continue fighting complexity together.
- Equity at Nu
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process.