Nu was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nu is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nu is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nu.com.mx.
Our Internal Audit Team
At Nu Mexico, our Internal Auditors protect Nu while challenging traditional audit by embracing technology. It’s the auditors' job to assess the internal controls of Nu main risks and provide assurance, advisory, and insights about them, helping our company on growing healthy.
Truly great Internal Auditors at Nu will go beyond the traditional audit, pursuing innovation with freedom. Will always work hard to add value, taking no shortcuts and not being picky with small issues. Following this path will be recognized in the market as a pioneer in technology-based audit techniques.
In this role, you will:
- Identify the risks Nu is exposed to, keeping pace with the company's development and change (new products, squads, methodologies, geographies - we are limited only by our imagination)
- Analyze processes, controls and perform tests to verify control's adequacy
- Verify Nu Governance Processes
- Test compliance with applicable regulations
- Perform data analysis to identify unmitigated/unknown business risks and/or control failures
- Knowledge of financial market regulations, including prudential/capital regulation, Basel and specially regulations across Latin America.
- Able to analyze the main financial institution's processes, such as finance routines, credit granting processes, internal controls requirements, regulatory compliance, Anti Money Laundry controls, Information Security controls, among others. Familiar with data analytics applied to internal audit.
- Intermediate English skills
- Solid analytical background. Must be comfortable manipulating data to perform audits;
- Programming is not required but candidates need to display interest in learning basic data analysis skills (SQL, Python, R);
- Great team player, communication (written and verbal) and listening skills;
- Hands-on and willing to get hands dirty on execution; strong prioritization and organization skills.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently;
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving a number of topics/variables, such as business, regulatory, finance and product.
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.