Nubank was founded in 2013 in São Paulo by David Vélez, and cofounded by Cristina Junqueira and Edward Wible to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. Nubank is one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world and just went through an IPO.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States) and Berlin (Germany). Nubank was founded in São Paulo by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
We believe in:
- Strong and diverse teams;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship quality service/products.
You will fit well if you:
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented and diverse teams
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- You learn fast and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You believe in building great products and doing your best work
- You are enthusiastic for finding root causes, build things from scratch and deliver solutions
- You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work
Technology is not a sector of our business: it's intrinsic to every area at Nubank. We encourage everyone to challenge the status quo. There's no "innovation team" - we hire innovative people for all our positions and encourage them to constantly question decisions to keep finding better ways to do something. Our business is experiencing hyper growth in several dimensions: number of customers, products, international markets and employees., and our engineering team must match that demand.
As we grow, we need to:
- Relentlessly pursue, indicate and contribute to eradicate threats across complex environments.
- Report and help solving incidents at scale
- Work in regulated environments aligning with all the requirements
- Communicate clearly with external and internal stakeholders such as regulators, managers, etc..,
- Build solutions that enable faster and more effective incident response.
The Security Operations Specialist will be responsible for:
- Communicating fluently with diverse global teams, financial institutions and regulators, in english and spanish.
- Working with regulated institutions in Mexico as the technical main point of contact, accountable as well, of managing requirements and incident handling with Banxico or CNBV.
- Creating policies and procedures that require approval from regulators in Mexico.
- Understanding root causes of issues and problems, collaborating with others to work on solutions.
- Creating strong relationships with diverse teams, by coordinating communication between different audiences, teams and stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- An ability to thrive in engineering environments, interacting with technical teams and being able to jump into technical conversations at least with a theoretical knowledge.
- Experience working in regulated institutions and environments, interacting with external and internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge in ISO, PCI, NIST, Mitre ATT&CK or CSF frameworks.
- Experience working with regulatory requirements (SPEI AppendixM)
- Experience with CNBV or (CUB) Circular Unica Bancaria - information security requirements for Financial Institutions.
- General knowledge in databases, WebLogic, SIES
- General knowledge of cloud infrastructure (private or public), microservices and distributed environments.
- Familiarity with Splunk (SPL) and/or Cortex XDR.
- Knowledge in SPEI monitoring tools (CheckMK)
- Proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Experience building scripts or with any programming language
- Understanding of infrastructure monitoring tools like Kibana or Prometheus
- Experience with tools for ticketing, whiteboarding, collaboration dashboarding, and ofimatic.
- Experience or exposure to SPEI or CNBV audits.
- Background as SPEI InfoSec Officer or any compliance related experience.
- Experience leading certifications for ISO or PCI for a regulated institution in Mexico
- Interest in working with regulators at a technical and business level.
- Natural interest in security operations, coordinating actions with several stakeholders and teams like incident response, defensive security, etc.. in large projects
- Experience collaborating in global projects, with distributed infosec teams.
- Equity at Nubank
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nubank, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. If/when relocation is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly. We also offer a very competitive relocation package for international hires.