Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our Compliance & AML Chapter
The Compliance & AML Team has a very special role in our mission: support the company’s growth by identifying the Compliance and the AML risks that Nubank faces; designing and implementing controls to protect Nubank from such risks; and by providing advisory to the Business on regulations and internal policies to create the best product or service that follows with these external and internal standards.
About the AML team
The AML team is responsible for protecting Nu against criminal activities and helping stop the laundering of ‘dirty’ money into the Colombian economy, complying with the necessary regulations, and ensuring the continuity of our business.
How We Work
- You act like you own the company where you work
- You are enthusiastic about building partnership with other teams
- You are willing to go the extra mile and getting involved in many areas
- You challenge the status quo
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
As a AML Analyst, you're expected to:
- Involvement in the implementation of the regulatory framework that will contribute to Nu Colombia's growth plan
- Analyze the transactional alerts generated by the AML transaction monitoring system, to identify suspicious situations.
- Prepare all the investigation files to escalate it to the AML Forum.
- Strengthen the compliance team to be aligned with the responsibilities we have as a financial institution.
- Sophisticated reporting to immediately inform money-laundering or terrorism financing activity to the relevant authorities (UIAF).
- Perform quality review, evaluate process deficiencies, analyze control measures, enhance reporting capabilities and recommend corrective actions while satisfying regulatory requirements.
- Detecting risky customers by evaluating the customers’ risk profiles and processing them accordingly (enhanced due diligence, customer due diligence, etc.)
- Provide advice on sanctions and screening processes.
- Support the discard operation in binding lists.
We're looking for an experienced AML Analyst that has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Administration, Finance, Economic Sciences or related;
- 2-3 years experience in monitoring transactional AML alerts and-or in compliance areas in processes related to AML;
- Knowledge of sanctions and KYC processes related to AML;
- Knowledge in sending the suspicious activity report (SAR) to the UIAF;
- Has autonomy to make decisions that impact customers and Nu based on AML policies;
- Knows the specific regulations of the area and have the responsibility to apply them in their routine;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Equity at Nubank
- Health insurance
- Vacations of 15 workdays
- NuLanguage - Language learning program
- Parental leaves
Diversity & Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until May 2022.