Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
We believe in:
- Strong and diverse teams;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship quality service/products.
What is a typical day for a Defensive Security Engineer?
We are the team focused on hardening Nubank's defense structure. We build and improve our automated security controls, perform security architecture analysis, and define baselines. Also conduct discoveries and build vs. buy to improve our controls maturity.
What skills do I need?
- Networking protocols (like TCP, UDP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS)
- Network security
- Authentication and authorization (OIDC, OAuth2, SAML)
- Cryptography concepts and best practices
- Automations Skills (like Python, Go)
- Advanced English
- Experience implementing data security controls would be a differential
- Equity at Nubank
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. If/when relocation is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly. We also offer a very competitive relocation package for international hires.