Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nu.com.mx.
Engineering at Nubank
We strive for state-of-the-art software development practices that currently include a variety of technologies. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
- Horizontally scalable microservices written mostly in Clojure, using Finagle and leveraging upon functional programming techniques and hexagonal architecture
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka
- Dynamic and reusable components in our frontend using React.js
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS
- Storing data in Datomic and DynamoDB
- Monitoring and observability with Prometheus
- Running as much as possible in Kubernetes
We are a process-light organization that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
You can read more about it in our blog and get some insights into how we work.
As Full-stack Software Engineer, you’re expected to:
- Build our backend applications, being open to contribute to frontend development, according to business needs
- Work with large scale distributed systems, understanding their broad architecture
- Make continuous iterations to our frontend products (like our website) based on new requirements
- Plan and execute on entire features, collaborating with peers while planning the work ahead, and seeing it through
- Collaborate with building microservices and work with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Work with agile software development methodologies
- Write, test, instrument, document, and maintain code
- Pair, and participate in code reviews, to grow and contribute to the growth of others in and around the team
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and partner Engineering teams to build the best experiences
- Participate in on-call rotations for your team and respond to incidents as necessary
What are we looking for?
- Proven track experience building digital products
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business requirements, translating them into technical design and implementation
- A problem-solver who is able to communicate effectively across functional teams
- A software engineer who cares deeply about user experience and likes to take part in hiring, onboarding, mentoring, and training
- Proven understanding of object-oriented or functional programming language
- Notions of distributed systems
- Experience with React.js
- Equity at Nubank
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. If/when relocation is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly. We also offer a very competitive relocation package for international hires.