Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our Data Engineer team:
The Data Engineers are at the intersection of the skill set of business analysts, data engineers and data scientists, but, as the primary goal of two business analysts or data scientists is to analyze data, the Data Engineer spends time modeling, transforming , cleaning, testing, implementing and documenting data, as well as engineering solutions to serve the stakeholders of analysis - enabling everyone to answer their own questions.
This team applies the best practices of software engineering, such as version control and continuous integration to the analytical code base. Due to their main role in data governance, data engineers are responsible for data management and data landscape architecture, ensuring good data practices throughout the company, creating tools to support the efforts of analysts and engineers ), as well as communicating the needs of business to the Engineering team, tracing an analytical mindset and results of business and best practices of engineering for business stakeholders.
Check our blog posts for more detailed information: article
As a Data Engineer Manager, you are expected to be able to:
- Promote a culture of teamwork, feedback and continuous improvement;
- Conduct effective 1:1s, team meetings and rituals;
- Managing individuals, enabling them to perform at high levels and supporting others;
- Continuously endorse data governance best practices;
- Deliver data at scale;
- Align stakeholders around the team's vision, goals and metrics;
- Make data architecture design decisions;
- Implement improvements in the way we work and organize the Analytics Engineer chapter;
- Communicate effectively with your team and stakeholders to achieve common goals;
- Act as a point of contact for business units and data stakeholders;
We are looking for a data engineer manager who:
- Has solid professional and/or academic experience as a Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Business Analyst or other quantitative disciplines (STEM)
- Possesses experience in people management and leadership
- Is a good coach, empowers the team and does not micromanage
- Creates an inclusive team environment, showing concern for success, well-being and support performance and career development
- Has important technical skills to help advise the team
- Strong experience in querying data with SQL
- Programming experience (e.g. with Python, R, Scala, Clojure, etc.)
- Databases, data modeling and knowledge of architectural patterns (e.g. relational, noSQL, data warehousing, ETL, data ingestion, data pipelines, data cleansing)
- Familiarity with Big Data (e.g. Hadoop/Spark, data lakes, parallel and distributed computing, cloud computing, etc.)
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools such as Metabase, Looker or Tableau and data visualization best practices is an advantage
- Yearly performance-based bonus in Restricted Stock Units
- Health and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans
- 15 days of paid vacations with 25% bonus
- Aguinaldo (30 days)
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Physical location amenities
- Monthly food voucher
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. If/when relocation is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly. We also offer a very competitive relocation package for international hires.