Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
Our team breaks the status quo by facing challenges from the perspective of technological innovation as a tool to automate and make our processes run more efficiently. Our goal is to build a strong and diverse team that looks to create something worthwhile. And has at its core values to pursue smart efficiency, this comes hand in hand with our drive to remain as a strategic partner for all cross chapters teams within NU Mexico.
How We Work
- We are owners
- We thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, and results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace conflicting ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard, with integrity and putting the team first
As a Treasury Accounting Analyst, you're expected to:
- Handle the daily and month-end financial registration and bank reconciliation in SAP (modules required: FI, Accounts Payable, BUC, Cash Management)
- Ensure that all banking transactions are recorded correctly in SAP aligned with the accounting standards.
- Coordinate the flow of information between Treasury and Controllership teams
- Support accounts payable processes keeping in touch with vendors and reviewing invoices from a fiscal point of view.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Good understanding of complex financial instruments such as swaps, forwards, FX transactions, or derivatives in general
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar job position
- Experience working in treasury and accounting teams in financial institutions
- Fluent in Spanish and English
The position is based in Mexico City
- 15 days paid vacation per year.
- Life insurance.
- Health insurance.
- NuLanguage Program
- NuCare Program
- Extended Parental Leave
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.