WHO WE ARE AND WHAT DO WE BELIEVE? 🦄
Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
In 2021 Nubank was listed on NYSE valued at +50 Billion. Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany).
WHAT DO WE USE AS A TECH STACK? 💡
We strive for state-of-the-art software development practices, that currently include a variety of technologies. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team:
- Horizontally scalable micro-services written mostly in Clojure, using Finagle and leveraging upon functional programming techniques and hexagonal architecture
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS
- Storing data in Datomic and DynamoDB
- Monitoring and observability with Prometheus
- Running as much as possible in Kubernetes
We are a process-light organization that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimizing processes to remove bottlenecks.
WHAT COULD YOU EXPECT FROM THIS ROLE? 👐🏽
- You will be leading a team of Senior Developers working with large-scale distributed systems, building scalable solutions adding value across our ecosystem
- Become a Nubank ambassador working to develop and retain our Top Talent
- Act as a Single Point of Contact for Engineering Chapter activities under your scope
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION? 💥
- Solid knowledge and experience working with Functional Programming, among with best practices of Coding and Testing like TDD
- Relevant experience leading tech projects with Cloud and large-scalable solutions
- You must have worked as Tech Lead supervising other Engineers as part of your daily job
WHAT IS IN FOR YOU? 🚀
- Our compensation rates include USD Dollars and Equity
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended Personal Time Off
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank as part of your Performance Review
Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. If/when relocation is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly.
We do not discriminate against any person based on race, color, ancestry, genetic information, national/regional or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, marital or family status, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable local law.