Nubank is a leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 12 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 8 million people in BR. A few years ago, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Colombia, Mexico and Argentina. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
About the team
The FP&A area is within the Finance Tribe to drive Nubank's growth through a sustainable and efficient structure by defining, forecasting, and analyzing key financial indicators in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The challenge includes the accountability of the financial modeling routines (strategic planning, budgeting, closing) related to our international expansion in Colombia.
About the role
- Promote the smart-efficiency mindset throughout Nubank as a financial analyst.
- Help the finance team as a whole to analyze opportunities and influence business decisions to drive Nubank’s long-term profitability through financial modelling and analysis.
- Be able to build strong relationships and partner with other squads both in Mexico and Brazil to support the Nubank's growth through financial-driven decisions.
- Be hands on, once Nubank still has a start-up mindset so lots of things must be done.
- Be bold, have the courage to do what needs to be done, challenge the status quo and take risks.
- Act as an ambassador of financial best-practices with business areas.
- We thrive with dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace the conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard with integrity and team first-attitude
- We are passionate in what we do
- 2-3 years of proven experience and proficiency in financial modeling
- Accounting knowledge of concepts such as accrual, provisions, amortization, among others.
- Finance and BI systems is a plus (SAP, Python, SQL, Looker)
- Financial modeling knowledge
- Fluent English
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.