Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
Controllership team breaks the status quo by facing challenges from the perspective of technological innovation as a tool to automate and make our processes run more efficiently. Our goal is to build a strong and diverse team that looks to create something worthwhile. And has at its core values to pursue smart efficiency, this comes hand in hand with our drive to remain as a strategic partner for all cross chapters teams within NU Mexico.
In Product Control we are part of the first line of defense to deliver trustworthy information for the existing and upcoming products, with the strong belief that we are impacting directly on our customers by creating a great experience for them.
About the role
- Work with cross chapters teams (it ops, legal, taxes, regulatory reporting) to develop and create accounting rulebooks for new products and features.
- Solid experience on accounting of financial products.
- Strong banking regulation knowledge
- 4 to 5 years of experience in Financial reporting, Bank accounting or equivalent functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Strong analytical and communication skills, fluent in English.
- Strong Financial reporting knowledge in banking/financial institutions.
- Experience using International Accounting Policies (IFRS)
- Programming languages, i.e., SQL.
- Past experience with financial systems (SAP is a plus).
- Ability to work in a fast-past environment and cross chapter teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process.